Thursday, October 03, 2013

More Canadian Feminist outbursts!

This is getting epic.  

1) Hard on the heels of my last post I have learned that assorted Feminists in the media (notably Tabatha Southey1 at the Globe & Mail and this self-professed lesbian writer at Macleans.) are frothing at the mouth about UofT English Prof David Gilmour for telling his students that:

I’m not interested in teaching books by women. ... when I was given this job I said I would only teach the people that I truly, truly love. What I teach is guys. Serious heterosexual guys. F. Scott Fitzgerald, Chekhov, Tolstoy. Real guy-guys. Henry Miller. Philip Roth.
But of course Barbara Kay defended his right to teach exactly what he wanted to - even though she doesn't care much for him.

2) And then Feminist hotbed York University is up in arms about being called a "Hunting Ground for Sexual Predators!" it has launched a libel suit against Toronto Life magazine.    The irony was not lost on bloggers as it is the kind of thing the Campus Rape Crisis Center has been selling for years - so why the enormous "volt face" and concern that it is being misrepresented now?




Footnotes
------------------------------------------------------------
1) Her ex-husband discussed his feelings about their arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apture